What is the Feed in Tariff?

For electricity generation systems, which include, hydro, wind and Solar PV there is the Feed-in Tariff (FiT) where you get paid over a 20-year period for each KW (kilo watt) of electricity you generate, use or sell back to the national grid.

How are you rewarded?

How do you claim the Feed-in Tariff?


You must use an MCS accredited installer to install you system

You must have an MCS accredited products installed

System will be commissioned and it will be registered on the MCS database. An MCS certificate will be issued

All system paperwork is sent to your energy provider

Energy provider will require a quarterly meter reading to calculate your Feed-in Tariff payment due